This is what our instructors do in their spare time.
If you love the outdoors and would like to make a career out of it, apply NOW for our Certificate in Outdoor Adventure Skills and Leadership course starting Feb 2015.
Or if you already have outdoor skills apply NOW for direct entry into our National Diploma in Outdoor Recreation (Instruction) course starting Feb 2015.
You will need log-book evidence of:
- Whitewater kayaking; independent kayaking in grade 2 water
- Rock climbing; the ability to lead climb and set anchors with traditional (natural) placements
- Mountaineering; ability to use ice axe and crampons, camp in an alpine environment. An awareness of travel in avalanche terrain
- Multi day tramping, off-track
- Experience of sea kayaking and caving
- Basic first aid
- Risk management and knowledge of group management
- Experience in leading groups in an outdoor setting